The latest installment from my mini series on SEO tips is in response to another audience question:
What daily/weekly checks should you do?
- Are you still indexed? - Head to Google and search for 'site: yourdomain'
- Search console data - look out for...
- Manual penalties
- Security issues
- Errors (a change in the number)
- Increase in excluded pages
- Decrease in number of valid pages
- Rankings - any fluctuations here that are of a concern
- Traffic performance - is it normal? stable?
- Conversion results - are these normal?
- Ranking opportunities - these daily checks could trigger a change in tact (for a short period of time) to maximise an opportunity to gain (or avoid losses) on changes to keyword rankings. Strike whilst the iron is hot!
If you want a more intense checklist process, find out how to conduct a technical SEO site audit here!
And currently, that's all folks! During the height of lockdown I compiled all these videos from my toddler's bedroom. For the full playlist you can visit YouTube.