It’s often easy to forget that there are alternative sources other than Google that can drive valuable traffic to your website. With Google constantly changing what it favours for SEO purposes, it is beneficial for any business with an online presence to try more organic approaches to maintain website traffic. Of course, Google is still a well-proven means of generating traffic to your site as it holds a huge 75% share of the search engine market but maintaining your traffic without it provides you with a backup source of traffic, should Google change its algorithms dramatically.
The overall key to driving and maintaining traffic on your site is to develop high-quality content assets that attract backlinks, social media shares and traffic. Gaining increased traffic is almost impossible if you don’t have the quality content that can attract shares and re-shares for your business. You can visit our content marketing page to learn more about the content marketing services we offer.
Bringing traffic to your blog pages
- Blogging is particularly SEO friendly, especially if you identify a set of keywords you would like to target throughout each blog post. Some quick keyword research will help you decide on the key terms you should incorporate into your posts and to optimise further, you should include them in your titles and meta descriptions.
- Use your blog to explore topics around your niche. If your site becomes a trusted source of information, users will return to your site time and time again.
Driving traffic through guest blogs
- Guest blogging is considered another great method of driving traffic to your site without spending hours and hours on SEO. If you strategically pan a guest-blogging campaign, or approach several different sites with your content ideas, then you could be driving highly-targeted traffic to your site.
- Ensure you build a relationship with your contacts to increase the chances of being able to work with them again in the future- you could connect with them on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Guest blogging brings about several benefits that could benefit your website in the long term. Not only do guest posts drive highly targeted traffic to your site, but you are also likely to gain high-quality links to your site, which ultimately increases authority. Not only will your SEO improve, but your brand awareness will increase, especially if you become known as an expert within your niche.
Successful email marketing strategies
Email marketing is still one of the best strategies in terms of driving traffic and conversions. Email campaigns are a great way of reminding your customers of the value you are offering and can also be an effective method of building relationships through providing quality content.
Utilising social media
- An active social media strategy can help take your content viral- the more shares you get means the more people that know about or have engaged with your content.
- Invest in social media advertising - there are some cases where social media ads out-perform google ads, so it has the potential to be a valuable source of traffic.
Value what you have already
- Valuing your existing traffic and focusing on how to increase conversions is more important than driving vast volumes of traffic that is unlikely to convert.
- Build your micro-community and convert your customers into brand advocates- developing relationships with customers has proven to be extremely valuable for companies in a variety of industries.
- It is important to remember that paying customers are not the only customers that are important to you. You should be developing relationships with everyone and anyone who shows an interest in your site, not just those who convert the first time around.