We are dreadfully sorry, but you appear to be using a rather out of date browser…
There's nothing wrong with that but our site was built to take advantage of the latest HTML & CSS features.
If you want to look at updating to a newer browser you can visit this site to get an idea of the options you have: https://whatbrowser.org/
Here's a round up of all our most important travel news updates.
Keep up to date with events we're attending, events we're hosting, travel client information and snippets of news which you'll find of interest!
Yay us! Go Adido!
Last week we were notified of our successful shortlisting for the Travolution Digital Marketing Campaign of the Year. And we can’t help feeling chuffed with the fact we’ve been put in a phenomenal line up next to a number of aspirational peers.
A great achievement not only because of the number of (no doubt) outstanding entries, but also because this is our first award nomination in the travel sector since launching our specialist Travel and Tourism division earlier this year.
We're super proud of the results that we achieve for our travel clients. Read our latest report about the work we've been producing for Southampton Airport.
Their objectives are to make parking as profitable as possible and build awareness of their package holidays; and we've already delivered some amazing results.
1. PA Consulting presented some great insight from recent research they'd carried out into the holiday experience with the most interesting being that holiday sentiment drops by around 20% at the evaluation & comparison stage of the journey. Whilst it's not that unexpected to be slightly deflated when it comes to researching it does highlight that if you can make the experience of researching a booking a holiday easier and less painful, there is a great chance to stand out!
2. They also highlighted the hidden perils of Tripadvisor. If a venue or destination finds itself top of the list then at that point it becomes the 'go to' for that area and stops diversity for that town or region. This can sometimes lead to too much demand and overcrowding in places where space is at a premium e.g. historic towns in the UK like Cambridge or Bath. It's a potentially negative loop of reinforcement that destinations need to be aware of when it comes to destination marketing. One example highlighted that Venice welcomed 125k visitors this Easter when it has a theoretical capacity of only 20k and left numerous tourists disappointed at overcrowding and lack of facilities.
3. Edward Lucas from the Economist gave us a macro view of the travel & tourism sector highlighting that it is growing faster and stronger than most other sectors of the UK economy. Whilst this is great news, it does again highlight the skills gap in the sector and that, as emphasised in other events Adido have attended, more must be done to promote the merits of a career in the sector to those leaving & still in education.
4. The two big trends in the sector in the coming years are creating a responsible supply chain and making better use of technology. The Blue Planet episode highlighting the impact of plastics on our world, along with many other high profile eco news pieces, means that all tourism businesses need to work harder to understand their whole supply chain and find ways to reduce their environmental & social impact. Coupled with this, better use of technology across all areas is also a focus with many companies relying on very old technology for booking systems, customer management and data security all leading to new entrants offering a better experience across the board. Travel companies face large investments in both infrastructure and skills in order to keep up with customer expectations in the coming years.
5. We learned that you are TEN times more likely to die from a coconut falling on your head and killing you than being killed by a shark! Beware the coconuts!
New client Not Just Travel, are as fanatical about travel as we are! Part of the fast growing Hays Independence Group consortium, Not Just Travel provide all the tools individuals need to own and grow their own online travel franchise business.
We’ve been challenged with revamping their whole website; as well as creating a new platform for customers looking to travel to be able to speak to agents who are experts in particular types of holidays or specific destinations. Watch this space!
Adido CEO Andy is a proud member of the Institute of Travel & Tourism who host events throughout the year including their Annual Conference.
This year the Conference is being held in Sicily from 4-6 June and we can't wait to hear about all the highlights when our intrepid CEO returns.
Our new client Aria Resorts has asked us to help them to boost their lead generation for their holiday ownership scheme. We're starting with a small paid advertising campaign which will test the market and provide insights; and will also be targeting multiple paid channels using social ads and text ads to link through the customer journey.
Aria Resorts is a leading operator and developer of UK holiday homes. Clients can choose to buy a home on one of their 6 luxury sites situated along the fabulous UK coastline.