We are looking for a Senior SEO manager with a minimum of four years’ experience in leading and managing SEO campaigns from start to finish.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in successfully delivering ROI for their clients (or company) in terms of ranking improvements, organic traffic increases and conversion / sales increases.
This is a hands-on role where the successful candidate must be self-motivated, willing and capable of solely managing SEO retainers, but they will also have the support of other SEO team members to delegate specific tasks.
This role is predominantly focused on championing content within SEO (for example on-page, blogs, campaigns and off-page content opportunities) as opposed to technical SEO. However a candidate may possess technical SEO skills to complement their SEO strategies and management which would be a bonus.
Adido has an array of clients in many different industries (from travel and ecommerce to B2B lead generation) who are using many different types of CMS’s and technologies. This variety keeps things exciting and offers new perspectives and opportunities, but it also means that the role requires someone who is capable of adapting and tuning in to both the differences and similarities to maximise performance.
The successful candidate must be:
- able to demonstrate success at creating, presenting and implementing content strategies that deliver commercial SEO results
- open to working across multiple industries and technology platforms,
- willing to quickly adapt and learn new areas and apply this knowledge in the best way possible.
Currently our SEO team is small, but we have ambitions to grow with the right team in place, and as a senior member of the team this position offers a fantastic opportunity to influence this in the future, and be a mentor to others.
The role sits within a dedicated SEO team with one other senior SEO manager (who has a technical SEO focus), an SEO manager and an SEO content specialist, but it is also part of our wider marketing team which offers PPC, paid social and analytics services.
This is a superb opportunity for someone who is willing to teach, learn from and work within a wider marketing team where the chance to hone and develop their SEO skills and progress is vehemently encouraged, and where collaborating with other channels is essential to delivering success for our clients.
It is a client-facing role where the day-to-day is focused on planning and executing content driven SEO strategies for clients, as well as liaising with both clients and other members of the agency with passion, enthusiasm and confidence.
Life at Adido offers huge variety, challenge and satisfaction, and we can promise you no two days are ever the same – it keeps us very much on our toes!
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for SEO content strategies & processes for Adido’s portfolio of clients - putting the client’s objectives at the heart of everything and implementing activities such as keyword research, content creation and curation, link architecture, and outreach
- Forecasting SEO performance and devising the right strategy needed to achieve it
- Planning the monthly schedule of work for assigned client retainers, and brief other members of the team accordingly
- Devising SEO strategies based on thorough research and evaluation of the opportunities
- Preparing SEO content briefs and/or writing content pieces
- Leading outreach campaigns that result in backlinks to clients' websites (preferred but not essential)
- Signing off on all SEO work before it goes to the client for approval / upload
- Mentoring, leading and inspiring other SEO team members in how to use content across all of its forms within SEO to deliver commercial success
- Educating our clients and our team on the latest happenings in the world of content, SEO and the impact that they might have on SEO performance now and in the future
- Championing SEO within the agency and demonstrate how it impacts the wider digital marketing mix
- Keeping up to date with industry trends regarding SEO and be willing to experiment and test new concepts, techniques and tactics to evolve our approach
- Presenting at client meetings, demonstrating expertise in the field of SEO to win their trust and confidence, and to ensure they understand the importance of the work that is being carried out
- Producing performance reports detailing the why and so what behind the data in order to deliver actionable insights
- Pushing for best practice at all times, to ensure highest standards are introduced, met and maintained - this may require proofing of others’ work, participating in brainstorming sessions or being self-critical of the work being produced by the team
- Working closely with other members of the SEO team as well as wider teams (PPC, UX, designers & developers) to ensure we are all working towards the same goals
- To suggest and trial new and current tools to help improve knowledge and insight into the whole SEO process
- To assist the sales, client services and marketing teams in new business opportunities & ongoing client communication when requested
- To discuss performance of campaigns with clients directly on email, phone or face to face when requested
- Assist with Adido’s own marketing
- Mentoring and training of others who require SEO knowledge and upskilling - this can be SEO executives, SEO managers or account managers for example
- To train clients on SEO/content marketing principles and practice as part of a commissioned training workshop, at an event or via our website e.g. a video workshop, blog, podcast etc
Measurements of success
- Hitting performance targets of SEO campaigns
- Improvements to organic traffic on client’s website
- Improvements to client’s keyword rankings
- Proven ability to strategize and prioritise SEO campaigns effectively
- Helping to improve the commercial performance of the SEO department (sales, client retention, improved efficiency, productivity and profitability)
Is this you?
You’ll champion SEO, and more specifically the value of content in SEO, within the agency and to clients, bringing energy and enthusiasm to the team, and be a reliable, hard-working and results-focused senior SEO manager with good time management skills.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Proven ability to conduct well thought through keyword research and apply that research to an SEO strategy
- Experience managing client campaigns and communicating with clients and colleagues at all levels through face to face & online presentations, written reports and online chat tools
- Experience using tools such as Google Analytics, Semrush, Ahrefs, Majestic SEO, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console
- Proven ability to report on SEO activity within monthly analysis reports, demonstrating ROI and progress
- Excellent and adaptable copywriting and proofreading skills
- Ability to analyse and understand data (in this case data will be keyword stats, traffic, conversions, but other data analysis experience with transferable skills will be considered) in order to make informed decisions
- Excellent literacy, grammar and spelling skills
- Confidence with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint as well as Google Mail, Google Sheets and Google Docs
- A can do attitude to see tasks through to the end and be persistent to ensure positive results
Desired skills and experience that will give you the edge:
- Digital PR experience
- Successful backlinking approach
Whilst we have an office in Southbourne, Bournemouth, we are accepting remote worker applications.
This is with the proviso that you are willing to travel to the Bournemouth office at least once a month to collaborate in person with the SEO team and wider agency where necessary. You may also be required to attend agency events in person through the year.
So, who is Adido?
We could wax lyrical about our full service digital offering, our mix of exciting clients (local, national, start-ups and household names) or our collection of awards (we’ve got a cabinet full of them), but what makes us different is our team; we’re digital experts who pride ourselves on delivering real business results for our clients through innovation, research and experience. Our curious and analytical approach delivers high-performing websites and effective digital marketing campaigns time after time.
We have spent two decades working with digital technology & marketing channels, and our talented team of around 20 people has helped us to get us to where we are now. But we need your help to enable us to do bigger and better things for our clients and for ourselves.
So, if you like the thought of working in a buzzing, expanding agency, previously named ‘Agency of the Year’ and ‘Best Place to Work’ (we told you we had awards) then we’d love you to join us on our adventure.
What can we offer you?
We feel the most important thing is a great working environment where everything we do is underpinned by our key values and attitudes - to be Commercial, to be Curious, to be Candid, and to Care.
Alongside our values, we offer some pretty cool benefits:
- Company pension scheme
- Private health insurance or gym membership
- Work from home and (Southbourne) office based daily routines
- Laptop and monitor for WFH use
- Fresh fruit in the office
- Relaxed dress code (except for client appointments)
- Regular team building activities (anything from a day at the beach, to an afternoon at the waterpark, to overnight trips in the UK and abroad)
- At least 22 days' holiday + bank holidays, and an additional day for every year of service
- Personal development training budget
(Image: the office in Southbourne, Dorset. Yes you can take the paddleboard out!)
How to apply
Adido is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.
We review every application we receive, however due to the high volume of responses we regretfully cannot acknowledge them all. If we have not responded within 30 days please accept our apologies that on this occasion you have not been successful for this position at this time.
If you’re interested in building on your experience and taking your career to the next level with a fun, passionate and hard-working team then we want to hear from you.
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.